Art Therapy and Psychotherapy
Art Therapy Groups and Workshops
I offer a variety of groups and workshops. Please check this page of the website for news about current workshops.
Upcoming Workshop Series for 2015: "Be With Yourself": Mindfulness and Art Therapy
A Wednesday morning weekly 1.5 hour workshop that will run for 12 weeks:
Mindfulness type groups have been proven to help people with healing and with feeling more awakened and in touch with themselves and the world, and more connected to their body.
This mindfulness and art therapy "lab" will be structured and focused on being with yourself in the here and now. We will do mindfulness exercises, including body scan meditations and other experiences with silence using art supplies. There will be a longer time for the main art making component, and we will end with members sharing their art and their experiences during the process.
This is not a "group therapy". It is meant for people interested in being with others while experiencing being with themselves and working on experiencing sensations and feelings during moment to moment awareness. The discussions in the group will focus around sharing what "happened" inside of your body, what it was like to make the art, and being in the here and now.
Anyone interested, please contact me to schedule an initial 20 minute meeting.
Past groups and workshops have included:
- Art Therapy Group for Adults: women coping with anxiety and depression
- Art Therapy Group for Adults: women with eating disorders and body image issues
- Make Art Now!: a group and ongoing workshop for working through creative blocks
- Nurturing Your Artist Self
- Visualization, Walking Meditation and Art: a one day workshop
- Altered Books Workshop: presented at the 2013 and 2014 Expressive Arts Therapies Summit, NYC